Friday, November 19, 2010

Call me obnoxious

36 days ‘til Christmas

From what I understand, the ‘early birds’ send out Christmas Cards Thanksgiving weekend. In my limited research this past week I have been told of people who won’t even open cards until December 1st. (Personally, the suspense would kill me – I don’t even like to wait until the hubby gets home open them.) I even had one person say that it’s obnoxious to send them out before Thanksgiving: ‘It’s just obnoxious to send them out so early, it’s like rubbing our noses in how far behind we are.”

So call me obnoxious – I mailed out my Christmas cards today! :)

I’m feeling a little superior about my Christmas Cards this year. First of all, I’m usually more of a last minute person on the Christmas Cards. I’m not as bad as the folks who send out ‘New Year’s Cards’ because they couldn’t get it together before Christmas (not that there’s anything wrong with that). But I typically send them out about a week before Christmas. A few years I was really pushing it because I handmade all my cards. Very cool, but definitely some preplanning is helpful.

And second of all, this year I decided to try my hand at designing a photo card. No, I didn’t just upload a few pictures to a predesigned card on Walgreens.com. (Not there's anything wrong with that - I've seen some very pretty cards with that method.) I actually DESGINED it. In Photoshop. It was surprisingly easy – and it only took me about 2 hours (I was thinking DAYS when I started). When you consider that the back of the card has 25 photos that I had to size, crop and jigsaw to fit on a 5x8 flat card it’s pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!

So maybe I am rubbing it in just a little…

No comments:

Post a Comment