Monday, November 15, 2010

Here’s to the Monday blahs

40 days ‘til Christmas

3 Holiday Sales

I don’t know about you, but I had a rough weekend. Xan-man was grounded and so he had to miss my company’s ‘Family Movie Day’ where we rented a theater to show Megamind and then Santa came to visit and take pictures with the kids (poor kid cried for hours asking me to change my mind). What was even worse than him not being able to go was the fact that I had to go to help out (joys of being in HR, my friend). So he got to spend the day having fun with Gramma, where the rules of grounding aren’t so strictly applied – I’d say it worked out OK for him anyway. ;)

That fun was then followed by a baby shower. It was way better than I expected (even kinda fun) considering I didn’t think I’d know anyone (wrong) and I expected to have to play one of those awful games where you have to taste or smell mysterious baby food, sniff diapers with melted candy bars or embarrass the mom-to-be by guessing how big around she is. Thankfully there was none of that.

The day is going so well (you can hear the sarcasm, right?) that it can only improve… So I thought. Unfortunately then I got a flat tire. Lovely.

I could go on about the crazy weekend (including a twice-twisted ankle, a broken iPhone, a disorganized trivia night, a wasted trip to the mall and a potty accident) but really, I think that you get the picture and I’d much rather move onto happier thoughts. Such as: Yay, It’s Monday! (Really, I’m just thrilled to have made it through the weekend!) And after all, I did wake up to another nifty e-mail telling me a sold a rosary!

So no Monday blahs for me. Instead I say, “Three cheers for Monday!”
Hmmm, maybe that’s going a bit too far…

No comments:

Post a Comment