Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cheers to you, faithful followers!

31 days ‘til Christmas

Have you started your Holiday Shopping yet?  I have my shopping list made out but I haven’t bought a single present yet.  I guess I’m still looking for my motivation… I have bought a few toys to add to the Toys-4-Tots boxes at work – but those don’t really count. (Just like calories consumed on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day don’t count.)

While I haven’t yet started my shopping, I have continued to create items for the Boutique. I continue to be encouraged by special requests and seemingly random sales.  So as you are making your lists, think about shopping at the coolest collection of on-line stores ever: Etsy. You can find something for everyone and you’ll be supporting small & home based businesses. (Not to mention bringing joy to someone’s day when they get that awesome e-mail that you’ve purchased something from their shop!)

So why haven’t I started shopping yet? I keep thinking that I’ll just stop by a store at lunch or take the easier route and just order on-line – yet still I haven’t managed to do anything.  Can you believe that I’m too lazy to even shop on-line? (Yes, this from the girl who already sent out her Christmas Cards – much to the shock of EVERYONE I know…) Obviously they aren’t yet faithful followers of my blog, like you!

So here is my vow… I will be done shopping for all extended family members (leaving only one lucky winner of the name draw, Mom, hubs and son) before Thanksgiving.  With 14 nieces, nephews and cousins it sounds like a tall order, right?  Eh, not so much. The hard part (deciding what to get everyone) is really already done. That’s why I love online shopping – just a few clicks and you’re done. No pesky parking space searches, rude retailers or strange shoppers to deal with.

So cheers to you, faithful followers!
Have an amazing Thanksgiving and happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment